Friday, January 23, 2009

Hospitality like nowhere else!

Ghanain hospitality is legendary but words cannot express how much I have felt welcomed and embraced by al the people I've come to know. Especially by my hosts who have become like family. And God has done great things for me during my time here. I found a church much like Bethel on the grounds of the Osu Children's Home it was such a blessing to sing songs I knew (Yes! Lord, Yes, Lord. . .) and learning new ones. (I know that I can make it, I know that I can stand. No matter what may come my way, my life is in your hands.) Today at the center being Friday, we sang and danced for about an hour. Same praise songs! Some new ones with motions that really get the kids engaged. They react so differently to live music and watching the adults around them singing with feeling.
Yesterday I got to travel a bit and see the Volta region with a friend. Such a beautiful drive and a real introduction to the small villages. Very different from Accra. More later!

No comments: