Monday, December 22, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane . . .

I guess it doesn't help that I saw a news story about a plane running off the runway in Colorado but I'm no longer fearless when it comes to flying. There's a lot of water to fly over between Philadelphia and London. So - I guess there's one more thing that you can all pray for - that the plane stays in the air and that I get through it all without having a screaming Mimi fit. (A quiet panic attack would never do.) On the up side, I think my voice is coming around. I've been struggling with a bit of weakness in one vocal cord after a month long battle with bronchitus and a horrible cough. But, after some excellent care and voice therapy I think I will be able to productively use my voice again. I took it for a test drive this weekend at church and I made it through all the services with just a little residual hoarseness afterward. Thank God! My work hinges on using my voice and that would make it so much more difficult to sing with the kids while I'm at the AACT center. I have to trust that God's timing is right on with all of this mostly because I don't think I have the patience to wait much longer to sing in a healthy way. After today I'm depending on internet cafes so the posts may be random, I'm off to buy mosquito repellent! (It's the new scent for 2009, haven't you heard?)

No comments: